Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ways to Get Geared

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Danzig
Admin
Danzig

Ways to Get Geared Empty
PostSubject: Ways to Get Geared   Ways to Get Geared I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Despite all of the confidence you may now have since you just hit 80 you have only just begun to get ready to raid. Allot of players think they are ready to go to raids as soon as they ding 80 this is not the case. Here is what I did when I hit 80.

I researched the instance runs for all of the 5 man regular runs to find out what dropped and what gear I needed to get to start running heroics.

I researched my Talent spec to make sure I knew what was expected of me in the class or position I held in the group. For me, I leveled to 70 as a shadow priest and from 70-80 as a Discipline Priest at 80 once I was gear to run level 80 heroics I respected to Holy.

I researched what kind of gear best benefited me as a Holy Healer.

Finally the researched was done(for now), I had a grocery list of heroic 5 mans I needed to do and what I needed to get when it dropped. In-between Heroic 5 mans I went to Winter-grasp every chance I had to save up honor and to get into the 10 man and 25 man VoA raids if we took control of the zone. My goal before I went to a Naxxramas raid was to have item level 200 gear in every slot.

So it does take some research and some time to get ready but it will pay off in the end when you are downing bosses because you are doing your part in the raid and not having to carry raid members that have not done the same due diligence you have. It is very hard to down bosses with even one or two members that are not up to par to be there and it is important to you as a raider in this guild to use the resources you have available to you so that you are up to par.

π
Back to top Go down
https://spqr-guild.forumotion.com
Floar

Ways to Get Geared Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ways to Get Geared   Ways to Get Geared I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:10 pm

Personally I saw the gear score for the pvp gear, saw the honor point prices in the valley of honor, and then did BG'S and WG for honor points and what not...while still doing H's to learn group dynamics and get some tanking gear. The honor point system is the easiest way to get good gear and doing daily's for some blacksmith and jewelcrafting gear...but still...honor points are the best...in my opnion.
lol
Back to top Go down
Arralith

Arralith

Ways to Get Geared Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ways to Get Geared   Ways to Get Geared I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:31 am

Also another good way to get geared is to run on an offspec typically as like a dps with a tank or healer who doesnt need any Gear from the heroics and is only running it for badges...such as myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ways to Get Geared Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ways to Get Geared   Ways to Get Geared I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ways to Get Geared
Page 1 of 1