Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Raiders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Danzig
Admin
Danzig

New Raiders Empty
PostSubject: New Raiders   New Raiders I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Currently we are looking for new raiders to fill out our 10 man naxxramas runs and start to set up some 25 man runs. We will continue to do the 10 man runs to farm gear to get people geared for the 25 man naxxramas runs. The idea of corse is to get a SPQR Guild raid run geared for end game raids.

I am curious what all of you think about taking this direction with the guild.....
Back to top Go down
https://spqr-guild.forumotion.com
Alithar

Alithar

New Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Raiders   New Raiders I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:07 pm

I think that is a good idea, slowly progress through 10 man to gear and learn the fights, then get enough people geared for 25 man Naxx. The more people geared means the better chances to get a 25 man together once a week or so. Maybe even Ulduar Smile
Back to top Go down
Arralith

Arralith

New Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Raiders   New Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:26 am

I think we should be a little more picky on who we allow into the raid groups once we have enough people start signing up
Back to top Go down
Danzig
Admin
Danzig

New Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Selection   New Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:31 pm

The idea is to bring people to 10 man naxxramas to get geared for 25 man naxxramas, so if we don't try to bring people that are right on the minimum of be able to go we will not have full raid groups and we will have to pug 50% of the group. In my experience when you bring pugs they leave, cause problems, piss people off and generally have no interest in what the guild is trying to progress to. Also as a raid leader you have allot more to do to find pugs that are useful. You have to check their gear from the armory on the fly and re explain roles and responsibilities to the new people after the ones you just found left. This whole process has the entire group waiting and not raiding then people will leave because of that.

I was in a big guild for about a year and the bad thing about big guilds is they only have a certain number of positions available in the raid group and everyone else is left to go out and find pugs because they don't have the gear to go with their own guild and if you are puging thats what you get anyway so in short if i had to chose between a pug with so so gear or a guild member with so so gear i will pick a guild member.

One thing i think people forget is that naxxramas 10 man is there to help train the core group for your 25 man runs. So when a 10 man raid group is able to clear naxxramas with no problem they can buff to 25 raiders and have no problem at all continuing to clear the 25 man as fast as the 10 man groups cleared did.

In summary i do look at the gear of people who come to the raids and i am trying to give them a chance just as much as the people who are geared better. I wont to try and help as many people as i can learn to raid and grow with the guild so we can continue to raid and progress through the end game content.

I hope this gives you a little more understanding of what i am trying to build. and eventually this guild will have an application process to get into the guild and the raids. but for now we are trying to do the best with what we have.
Back to top Go down
Rasmoth1234

Rasmoth1234

New Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Raiders   New Raiders I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:46 pm

i think u should post stat requirements for tanks/healers/dps on either this or on the guild info
Back to top Go down
Danzig
Admin
Danzig

New Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Agreed   New Raiders I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:21 am

Great idea Ras, I added a section.

Raid Requirements

π
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content