Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All Members who plan to raid.....

Go down 
+2
Wellin
Danzig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Danzig
Admin
Danzig

All Members who plan to raid..... Empty
PostSubject: All Members who plan to raid.....   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 pm

This guild started out as a leveling and 5 man instance guild and somewhere we decided to start raiding 4 nights a week. I, as I am sure others, are having a great time raiding and now that we are not wiping as much and are progressing faster it is even more rewarding. When I started this guild I had one thing that I make sure I remind myself everytime I log,

"IT'S A GAME AND IF YOU AREN'T HAVING FUN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG."

This reminder was reinforced after I joined a 25 and listened to a raid leader talk down to and talk shit to every member of the PuG and even the members in his own guild. The sad thing about this is that people would take his shit just to raid so I stopped going to his pug. I truley feel sorry for him because he has a very good understanding of the raids, their mechanics, and is an exceptional organizer. But his Social skills will make him FaiL. He could have taken his talent and turned that guild into a top guild but he is his own worse enemy. This brings me to my next realization; I dont want to be that type of Guild Leader and while raiding is stressfull to do I dont want it to be stressfull because I am a wannabe elitest prick. I would rather it be rewarding and in the end I want people to be glad they came to the raid and look forward to the next raid.

With that being said, the guild is progressing along a bit faster now and the new 80s are busting asses to get up the gear and are showing much interest in raiding content with those who are there now. We are, to my best guess, about 3 weeks from starting a regular 25 man Naxxramas raid to our weekly schedule. While this is exciting and has people gitty about the loots, we need to form a structure to ensure fair distrution of loot with in the guild as well as with the pugs we may need to invite to fill our groups.

So as a Guild Leader I have a choice to make. But unlike most GL's I dont want this to be a dictatorship so I want everyone who will be raiding to give their opinions and suggestions on loot distribution as well as a raid attendance minimum.

Tell me what direction we should go and why......

π
Back to top Go down
https://spqr-guild.forumotion.com
Wellin

Wellin

PostSubject: Distribution of loot suggestion   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 am

Imo and the opinion of a very good friend of mine, loot should be distributed to those who would need it the most for there particular class. This doesn't come without difficulty. Its up to the master looter (preferably someone who knows his shit) to decide and inspect the gear of those who would be in need the greatest. Yes long and tedious but very helpful. But to add to this if there are multiple raids that night it would be the only loot for that character for that night.

just a simple link and a judgment call, then drive on to the next raid. could use refinement but you asked lol
Back to top Go down
Avengers

PostSubject: guild raiding   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 pm

i think it work's fine the way it is loot drop's and ya roll for it the highest roll win's can't go giving loot away just to someone cause there gear aint up to someone else's cause it would be unfair and people would complain i know i would if lose to someone and didn't even get to roll same thing kinda goes with making a minium for attending a raid some have lot's of real life stuff to do and can't make raid's as much as other's if we start making rule's to stiff people will leave or find other guild's to raid with long as there is room in raid and there online waiting and are signed up they should be able to go if there gear is up to the instance here's a good idea if ya signup for a raid and can't make it ya have a certain amount of time say maybe 2 hour's or more to notify a gm or officer in guild chat or mailbox so replacment can be found so we not waiting around looking for people if ya don't than you are punished by losing maybe some guild point's etc that's something that would have to be figured out also make a spot on the forum for people who can't make it on raid's so if no gm is on or officer etc they can come to the guild website and let someone know these's are just a few of the thing's i do with my guild i run in dark age's of camelot i've had that guild for around 2 year's and it's going strong and i maybe login 1 or 2 time's a month just to check thing's out thank's for your time guy's hope this help's out or atleast give's some idea's see ya's ingame
Back to top Go down
Ooberhealz

PostSubject: Re: All Members who plan to raid.....   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:18 pm

i also think that if members are signed up to go in the raid, and their gear is up to it, they should be able to go. The loot in raids i believe should be distributed first to the people that are in the most need for it, then people who would use it for offspecs and such. I will probably be posting more when i learn about what we do in raids as i start participating in more of the raids.
Back to top Go down
Alithar

Alithar

PostSubject: Re: All Members who plan to raid.....   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:07 am

I raid Ulduar on my shaman, with a very good raiding guild, and the way we do it is when a piece of gear drops, for example say a weapon drops, the people who want to bid on that item post their current weapon and the designated "Loot Council" decides who it would be a bigger upgrade for. That way everyone can be progressing in gear together. I say if someone doesn't want someone less geared to win is not a team player, cause if everyone is getting drops all the way through Naxx the more people you will have geared to raid each week for 25 mans.
Back to top Go down
Arralith

Arralith

PostSubject: Re: All Members who plan to raid.....   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 am

I personally think that we should go to some point system based on attendance (Or say per boss kill) that you can add in addition to your die roll it would be secret whispered to the raid leader and once you spend the points they are gone til you accumulate more so if someone is really needing something the can virtually guarantee that they will get it,

if it is an item that isnt a huge upgrade for the majority of people then give it to the person who will benefit mostly from it.... For instance I REALLY want the Helmet Thane drop in the 4 Horsemen encounter i would be willing to spend Quite a few points so that i can receive it BUT if i have to pass on it because some fresh 80 is offtanking for me then imma be quite pissed But if it were say the cloak that Maexxna drops that isnt a big improvement then im ok with it.

Looking at some other guild Point system

3points per boss kill that is basically on farm (Patch,Anub,Grand widow)
1point per ATTEMPT on a boss that gives us difficulties ( 4 Horse,Gluth, HEIGAN lol)
5 points for attending the full clear
3 points for staying til the Scheduled End Time
-3 points for leavin Early

Then at the end of each raid Session the officers and GL would distribute the point on the Characters note sheet so that it is Public Knowledge

Comlaints Comment Concerns?
Dont care Smile
Back to top Go down
Arralith

Arralith

PostSubject: Re: All Members who plan to raid.....   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:16 am

As for attendance If you wanna participate Play a class that doesnt have 80 million people playing it Dont need 5 DKS in a 10 man... Most qualified should get first choice But try to enhance the raid with other classes abilities as much as possible Dont take another Ele Shaman if you have a Decent warrior to add to the group

My opinion

HOWEVER
A prot pally and Ret pally provide different buffs!
Same with Shadow and holy priest
Ele and Enhance and resto shammys
Druids...
DKs to an extent kinda
Back to top Go down
Avengers

PostSubject: hate guild's that have point system's   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 pm

i really hope we don't goto a point system it's 1 of the main reason's i quit playing year's ago and i'd leave guild or quit again if we went to point system it's not fair to people who have alot more of a real life than other's and they would never get loot or get to go on raid's got to be other way's to go about it but i don't see any problem's with what we do now you wanna go on raid's sign up and be online before raid time and be rdy to go you snooze you lose and sit in standby or if ya not even online that day than someone else get's your place i been doing naxx for like 2 month's now and have not recieved 1 drop and i still go if anything it help's gear other's last naxx raid we did 98% of the gear was ded cause none could use this is a clear sign we need to move on to 25 man naxx over all i think we got a nice little guild here and thing's are great but we need a little work yet but overall thing's are going good least i think sure there are a few thing's we need to work on and figure out but going to a point system isin't the answer. all that will do is make people leave guild or just quit game cause they don't have as much time as other's
Back to top Go down
Avengers

PostSubject: quick note   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:04 pm

i notice not alot of people are even registered on our website that should be a requirment to even be able to goto raid's be signed up be online be geared and be registered on guild website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Members who plan to raid.....   All Members who plan to raid..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Members who plan to raid.....
Page 1 of 1